Our staff has worked continually to improve our middle school philosophy and structure. We are organized into teaching teams. Sixth grade students are members of a team which offers students a transition year from an elementary setting. Students spend most of their day with a homeroom teacher and leave that classroom for exploratory, physical education and music electives.
Seventh and eighth graders are on multi-year, multi-age teams. Seventh graders are assigned to one of three teams and remain with that team for two years. One of the goals of this design is to offer continuity for students, parents and teachers. Teachers from different subject areas work together to design curriculum units and activities which are often interrelated. Students leave their team for foreign language, exploratory, physical
education, and music electives.
19-20 Classroom Teams (click on a link to open the team website)
8:00am – 3:00pm
7:00-7:55am Mon.- Fri.
3:15-4:30pm M, Tu & Th,
2:10-3:40pm Wed. (in Mr. Caswell’s Room)
Mr. Charles Dabritz
Ms. Amy Bourgea
If you wish to reach a guidance counselor, please call 802-864-8469 x61005 for Kathy Stergas our 7/8th Grade Counselor or x61006 for Karen Quinn our 6th Grade Counselor.
Health Office- Catherine Paradiso 802-864-8469 x61013
The primary role of the school nurse is to support student learning. The nurse accomplishes this by implementing strategies that promote student and staff health and safety. The nurse takes a leadership role in serving as the coordinator of all school health programs in the following manner:
- Health Services — serves as the coordinator of the health services program and provides nursing care
- Health Education — provides health education to students, staff and parents
- Healthy Environment — identifies health and safety concerns in the school environment and promotes a nurturing social environment
- Nutritional Services — supports healthy food services programs
- Physical Education/Activity — promotes healthy physical education, sports policies and practices
- Counseling — provides health counseling, assesses mental health needs, provides interventions and refers students to appropriate school staff or community agencies
- Parent/Community Involvement — promotes community involvement in assuring a healthy school, serves as school liaison to a health advisory committee.
- Staff Wellness — provides health education and counseling, promote healthy activities and environment for school staff