Hi Hunt Families – the end of year is fast approaching and important dates are coming up, including 2 early release days at Hunt, so check out this list – as published in the May Newsletter. The last months of school can be a whirlwind, so hold onto your hats! PTO activities also included at the end of this email – and volunteers slots!
Hunt Middle School End of the Year Dates:
- May 16 – Band Concert, 7:00 Hunt Auditorium (students arrive at 6pm)
- May 21 – 8th Science test
- May 23 – Orchestra Concert, 7:00 Hunt Auditorium (students arrive 6pm)
- May 24 – 5th grade parent/guardian orientation in the evening
- May 25 – Early release (half day) for HMS, all students dismissed at 12:00
- May 30 – Choral Concert, 7:00 Hunt Auditorium (students arrive 6pm)
- June 7- 8th grade end of the year trip
- June 13 – Early Release from School (half day) for 6th and 7th graders only, dismissal at 12:00
- June 13 – 8th graders practice for Promotion Ceremony in the morning/
- June 13 – 8th grade Promotion Ceremony at 1:00 pm Hunt Auditorium w/reception following
- June 13 – 8th grade dance 7:00 – 9:00 pm at HMS
- June 14 – Last day of school (8th graders have no school) – 6th and 7th graders dismissed at 12:00
PTO Activities & Volunteer needs:
- Wed, May 9th – 8th grade end of year activities planning meeting – assess volunteer needs to lend support. All welcome – 6:30 – 8:00pm at Smitty’s Pub, North Ave.
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation – stay tuned for details! Time to show how thankful we are for our amazing teachers & staff at Hunt!
- The PTO is hosting bake sales at the Band & Choral concerts, May 16 & 23rd. Please donate baked goods & treats to fill the tables! – drop off the night of the concert, or day of!
- Parent / Guardian volunteers needed at the 5th Grade Parent Orientation night on May 24th! Greet incoming families, answer questions, help with email sign-up. Time: TBD
- 6th & 7th Grade Parents / Guardians – volunteers needed to help with the 8th grade Promotion Ceremony prep and reception! (This allows 8th grade families to enjoy the activities.)
- Front Garden Clean up – beautiful front garden landscaping at Hunt needs spring spruce up! Volunteers needed for 30 minute/1 hour or any time you can give!
HMS PTO Pres.
Email Helen Rock at email@example.com if you can lend a hand for any or all!